Why we are different
Neuroscience supports the idea that our minds are not separate from our bodies. That our minds, bodies, and emotions are all highly interrelated and are speaking to each other all the time — to degrees we did not previously understand.
Just as regular exercise and good nutrition are important to overall health and can be taught, mental and emotional health skills can be taught both universally, in group settings, and at the targeted level, individually.
OMBI differs from other mental health clinics in providing a universal (preventative) level of mindfulness-based mental health education in group formats that deliver fundamental skills more efficiently than individual therapy — and as well, we have the expertise to offer services at the targeted, individual level.
What we offer
Our services target:
- Overall health and well-being
- Stress management
- Eating and body image
- Type 2 diabetes
- Pain management
Our services include:
- Teacher and Professional Development
- Mindfulness Classes
- Preventive Care and Outreach
- Meditation (active, passive, MBSR, MBCT)
- Yoga/Mindful Movement (yoga nidra, walking, hatha yoga)
- Breath Work (equalized, calming, upregulating)
- Technology (HRV bio-feedback; mindfulness apps for support, use at home)
OMBI PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Oregon Mind Body Institute (OMBI) is a tax-exempt organization with a 501(c)(3) status.